Rosie’s selfless passion to see others set free and healed from unhealthy lifestyles was acknowledged as she was honored with an award presented by the Metropolitan Atlanta Chapter of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women at their 12th Annual Unsung Heroines Gala on August 16, 2008.
Unsung Hero Tribute
She brings sunshine; she brings rain, an open heart and a helping hand. She’s a Heroine, an UNSUNG Heroine.
Softly, gently and quietly she walks, making a difference no matter the task. With power and honor the helps one and all. She’s a Heroine.
Be it ever a wrong, she tries to make it right. Be there ever a need, she’s there through the night. With strength an assurance, she touches each one, with love and compassion no matter who comes. She’s a Heroine
She flies like an eagle, has the force of a storm; she’s an ordinary woman, yet not just the norm. See the smile on her face as she touches each one, for the joy that she brings is for all, not just some. She’s a Heroine.
She brings sunshine; she brings rain, an open heart and a helpful hand. She’s a Heroine, an UNSUNG Heroine. She’s a Heroine, an UNSUNG Heroine, She’s a Heroine, an UNSUNG Heroine… By Mary K. Vandiver
- 2012 Recipient of 11Alive Community Service Award
- 2011 (Summer) – Featured in Trust the Leaders, a publication of Smith, Gambrell, Russell LLP law firm to highlight Rosie’s accomplishment in transforming the lives of women recovering from substance abuse.
- 2011 Certificate of Achievement (Deborah Daughters, Peace Baptist Church). Recognized for outstanding community service, leading, serving, and giving.
- 2010 Volunteer of the Year award (Peace Baptist Church, Decatur, GA). Recognized for selfless service to the church body and the community at large.
- 2010 – Letter of commendation from Governor Sonny Perdue for recognition and appreciation for the selfless service offered through the House of Hope
- 2010 – A Resolution from Representative Earnest Coach Williams, District 89 Georgia House of Representative.
- 2008 Unsung Heroines award from The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc., Metropolitan Atlanta Chapter